The Ujjayanta Palace or Ujjoyonto Prashad stands on the banks of a small lake surrounded by the lush greenery of Mughal gardens in Agartala. During 1899–1901, Maharaja Radhakishore Manikya built the palace in the Indo-Saracenic architectural style which now serves as the state legislative assembly of Tripura. The name of the palace was given by the Nobel Laureate, Rabindranath Tagore. Sprawling over 28 hectares of parkland, the exotic palace has several Hindu temples dedicated to Lakshmi Narayan, Uma-Maheshwari, Kali and Jagannath. The main block includes public halls such as the Throne room, the Durbar hall, Library and the Reception hall. A Chinese room was later added by Sir Alexander Martin of Messrs Martin & Co., designer of this neoclassical palace. The palace is set with superbly tiled floors, intricately carved front doors, wooden ceiling, two large artificial ponds, musical fountain. The night time floodlights accentuate the beauty of the palace.