- 12:05 Boarding Points Time Boarding Point 12:05 Thanjavur New Bus Stand RKT 12:15 Sastra Univercity (Vallam) 7h 25m → 19:30 Dropping Points Time Dropping Point 17:30 Villupuram 18:30 Melmaruvathur 19:00 Chengalpattu Toll 19:05 Mahendra city 19:10 SRM University 19:15 Guduvanchery 19:20 Urapakkam RKT 19:25 Vandalur 19:30 Perungalathur RKT 20:00 Koyambedu Omni Bus StandRKT Tours and TravelsA/C Sleeper (2+1) 2.9/5514 Fare Details Rs514 - Sleeper
- 13:00 Boarding Points Time Boarding Point 13:00 TANJORE-NEAR LIC OFFICE 7h 30m → 20:30 Dropping Points Time Dropping Point 20:30 KoyembeduRathimeena travelsA/C Seater/Sleeper (2+1) 4.2/5550 Fare Details Rs550 - Seater/Sleeper
Rs650 - Seater/Sleeper
- 13:00 Boarding Points Time Boarding Point 13:00 Tanjore New Bus Stand 13:10 Tanjore Old Bus Stand 7h 45m → 20:45 Dropping Points Time Dropping Point 19:00 Chengalpattu Toll 19:15 Mahindra City Bus Stop 19:20 Singaperumal Koil Bus Stop 19:30 Maraimalai Nagar 19:35 Srm University 19:45 Guduvanchery Bus Stop 19:50 Vandalur Zoo 20:00 Perungulathur Kamaraj Statue 20:10 Tambaram Hindu Mission Hospital Bus Stop 20:15 Chrompet 20:20 Pallavaram Bus Stop 20:25 Chennai Airport 20:27 Alandur 20:30 Ashok Pillar Anjappar Hotel 20:45 KoyambeduRaahath TransportScania AC Multi Axle Semi Sleeper(2+2) 4.3/5577 Fare Details Rs577 - Semi Sleeper
- 20:45 Boarding Points Time Boarding Point 20:45 Thanjavur New Bus Stand RKT 21:00 Sastra Univercity (Vallam) 8h 0m → 04:45 Dropping Points Time Dropping Point 03:45 Chengalpattu Toll 03:50 Mahendra city 03:55 SRM University 04:00 Guduvanchery 04:05 Urapakkam RKT 04:10 Vandalur 04:15 Perungalathur RKT 04:25 Tambaram RKT Office 04:30 Chrompet 04:35 Pallavaram 04:45 Airport 04:50 Shanthi Petrol Bunk 04:55 Ashok Pillar 05:00 Guindy 05:05 Koyambedu Omni Bus StandRKT Tours and TravelsA/C Sleeper (2+1) 3.6/5630 Fare Details Rs630 - Sleeper
- 21:00 Boarding Points Time Boarding Point 21:00 Tanjore New Bus stop 21:10 Sri Sai ram Travels 21:30 State Bank opposite 9h 0m → 06:00 Dropping Points Time Dropping Point 02:20 Thiruporur 02:30 Kelambakam 02:50 Vandaloor 03:00 Perungalathur 03:20 Tambaram 03:35 Chrompet 03:40 Pallavaram 03:45 Airport 03:50 Shanthipetrolbunk 03:55 Guindy Alandur Court Near 04:00 Ashok Pillar 04:10 Vadapalani 04:15 Koyambedu Election Commission 04:40 Aminjikarai 05:10 Egmore 05:20 Central 05:30 Mannady 06:00 TondiarpetApple TravelsA/C Seater/Sleeper (2+1) 3.6/5472 Fare Details Rs472 - Seater/Sleeper
Rs577 - Seater/Sleeper
- 21:00 Boarding Points Time Boarding Point 21:00 Tanjore New Bus Stand 22:00 Tanjore Old Bus Stand 8h 30m → 05:30 Dropping Points Time Dropping Point 04:30 Kelambakkam 04:50 Vandalur Zoo 05:00 Perungulathur Kamaraj Statue 05:10 Tambaram Hindu Mission Hospital Bus Stop 05:15 Chrompet 05:20 Pallavaram Bus Stop 05:25 Chennai Airport 05:30 T Nagar 06:15 MannadiRaahath TransportNon A/C Semi Sleeper (2+2)430 Fare Details Rs430 - Semi Sleeper
- 21:15 Boarding Points Time Boarding Point 21:15 Thanjavur 21:20 Thanjavur 21:30 Thanjavur 7h 45m → 05:00 Dropping Points Time Dropping Point 03:30 Kelambakkam 03:55 Thiruvanmiyur 04:00 Thiruvanmiyur 04:10 Mathiyakailash 04:20 Anna University Main Gate 04:30 Guindy 04:40 ashok pillar 04:50 Vadapalani 05:00 ChennaiSRK TravelsLeyland A/C Sleeper Business Class (2+1) 4.2/5690 Fare Details Rs690 - Sleeper
- 21:30 Boarding Points Time Boarding Point 21:30 Thanjavur 7h 0m → 04:30 Dropping Points Time Dropping Point 03:30 Chengalpet Bypass 03:40 Maraimalainagar 03:45 Guduvancheri Bus Terminus 03:50 Urapakkam 03:55 Vandalur 04:00 Perungalathur 04:05 Tambaram Hindu 04:10 Chrompet 04:15 Pallavaram 04:20 Alandur court 04:25 Ashok Pillar ANJAPPAR HOTEL 04:30 Koyambedu Omni Bus TerminusSri Srinivasa BusNon A/C Semi Sleeper (2+2) 4.2/5400 Fare Details Rs400 - Semi Sleeper
- 21:45 Boarding Points Time Boarding Point 21:45 Tanjore-Old Bus Stand 9h 15m → 07:00 Dropping Points Time Dropping Point 07:00 ChennaiSRM TransportsA/C Sleeper (2+1) 3.1/5641 Fare Details Rs641 - Sleeper
- 21:45 Boarding Points Time Boarding Point 21:45 Thanjavur New Bus Stand RKT 22:00 Sastra Univercity (Vallam) 8h 0m → 05:45 Dropping Points Time Dropping Point 04:15 Chengalpattu Toll 04:20 Mahendra city 04:25 SRM University 04:30 Guduvanchery 04:35 Urapakkam RKT 04:40 Vandalur 04:45 Perungalathur RKT 05:00 Tambaram RKT Office 05:05 Chrompet 05:10 Pallavaram 05:15 Airport 05:20 Shanthi Petrol Bunk 05:30 Guindy 05:35 Ashok Pillar 05:45 Koyambedu Omni Bus StandRKT Tours and TravelsA/C Sleeper (2+1) 3.7/5630 Fare Details Rs630 - Sleeper
- 21:45 Boarding Points Time Boarding Point 21:45 Tanjore 7h 45m → 05:30 Dropping Points Time Dropping Point 04:50 Sholinganallur 05:00 Thiruvanmiyur 05:05 Adyar 05:10 Guindy 05:20 Ashokpillar 05:25 Vadapalani 05:30 KoyambeduKRC Travels AccessA/C Sleeper (2+1) 3.7/5682 Fare Details Rs682 - Sleeper
- 22:00 Boarding Points Time Boarding Point 22:00 Bus stand, Tanjore 22:50 Tanjore 23:00 Tanjore 7h 30m → 05:30 Dropping Points Time Dropping Point 04:00 Perungalaltur 04:30 Tambaram Hindu 05:30 KoyambeduVGR TRAVELS(GRT)Leyland Non A/C Seater Hitech Pushback (2+2) 2.0/5650 Fare Details Rs650 - Seater
- 22:00 Boarding Points Time Boarding Point 22:00 TANJORE-NEAR LIC OFFICE 6h 30m → 04:30 Dropping Points Time Dropping Point 04:30 KoyembeduRathimeena travelsVolvo A/C Multi Axle Sleeper(2+1) 3.7/5720 Fare Details Rs720 - Sleeper
- 22:00 Boarding Points Time Boarding Point 22:00 Tanjore New Bus Stand 22:10 Tanjore Old Bus Stand 8h 0m → 06:00 Dropping Points Time Dropping Point 04:30 Kelambakkam 04:50 Vandalur Zoo 05:00 Perungalathur Shriram Gateway 05:05 Tambaram Hindu Mission Hospital Bus Stop 05:10 Chrompet 05:20 Pallavaram Bus Stop 05:30 Chennai Airport 05:40 T Nagar 06:00 Koyembedu Raahath Off 06:30 MannadiRaahath TransportNon A/C Seater/Sleeper (2+1) 4.5/5430 Fare Details Rs430 - Seater/Sleeper
Rs550 - Seater/Sleeper
- 22:00 Boarding Points Time Boarding Point 22:00 Thanjavur 7h 0m → 05:00 Dropping Points Time Dropping Point 04:00 Chengalpet Bypass 04:10 Maraimalainagar 04:15 Guduvancheri Bus Terminus 04:20 Urapakkam 04:25 Vandalur 04:30 Perungalathur 04:35 Tambaram Hindu 04:40 Chrompet 04:45 Pallavaram 04:50 Alandur court 04:55 Ashok Pillar ANJAPPAR HOTEL 05:00 Koyambedu Omni Bus TerminusSri Srinivasa BusA/C Sleeper (2+1) 4.3/5645 Fare Details Rs645 - Sleeper
- 22:00 Boarding Points Time Boarding Point 22:00 TANJORE(KPN) 7h 0m → 05:00 Dropping Points Time Dropping Point 05:00 ChennaiK.P.NA/C Sleeper (2+1) 2.6/5850 Fare Details Rs850 - Sleeper
- 22:15 Boarding Points Time Boarding Point 22:15 Tanjore-Old Bus Stand 7h 15m → 05:30 Dropping Points Time Dropping Point 05:30 ChennaiSRM TransportsVolvo A/C Semi Sleeper (2+2) 3.9/5536 Fare Details Rs536 - Semi Sleeper
- 22:15 Boarding Points Time Boarding Point 22:15 Tanjore 22:20 Thiruvaiyaru 22:50 Thirumanur 7h 30m → 05:45 Dropping Points Time Dropping Point 04:30 Chengalpatu Toll Gate 04:45 Perungalathur 05:00 Tambaram 05:15 Guindy 05:30 T Nagar 05:45 KoyambeduPR TravelsNon A/C Seater (2+2) 3.7/5400 Fare Details Rs400 - Seater
- 22:25 Boarding Points Time Boarding Point 22:25 TANJORE-NEAR LIC OFFICE 6h 35m → 05:00 Dropping Points Time Dropping Point 05:00 KoyembeduRathimeena travelsA/C Seater/Sleeper (2+1) 4.6/5550 Fare Details Rs550 - Seater/Sleeper
Rs650 - Seater/Sleeper
- 22:25 Boarding Points Time Boarding Point 22:00 Tanjore - New Bus Stand 22:25 Tanjore - Old Bus Stand 22:40 Karanthai -Sri Kavya Agencies 6h 5m → 04:30 Dropping Points Time Dropping Point 03:45 SRM University 03:50 Guduvancheri 03:55 Perungalathur 04:00 Tambaram - Hindu Mission Hospital 04:05 Chromepet 04:10 Pallavaram 04:15 Meenabakkam Airport 04:25 Vadapalani 04:30 Koyambedu-CMBT 05:00 EgmoreParveen TravelsVolvo A/C Multi-Axle Semisleeper (2+2) 4.0/5630 Fare Details Rs630 - Semi Sleeper
FAQ about Buses from Thanjavur to Chennai
How many buses are running between Thanjavur to Chennai on the daily basis?
33 buses are running between Thanjavur to Chennai. Out of which 16 are sleeper buses, 11 are AC buses and 5 are NON AC buses.
What is the ticket price for different types of buses on the Thanjavur to Chennai bus route?
The minimum fare for Volvo is 536 on Thanjavur to Chennai bus route.
How many seats are available for different types of buses on the Thanjavur Chennai bus route?
95 seats for Volvo buses are available for today’s booking.
When does the first Thanjavur to Chennai bus leaves for the day?
The first bus for Thanjavur to Chennai bus route leaves at 12:05. It is a other bus and fare for this bus is ₹514.
When does the last bus leaves for Chennai from Thanjavur?
The last bus for Thanjavur to Chennai route leaves at 13:00. The ticket price for this other bus is ₹577.
Who are the popular operators on the Thanjavur to Chennai bus route?
Top operators on the Thanjavur to Chennai bus route are Raahath Transport , Rathimeena travels , SRM Transports and RKT Tours and Travels .
How many buses are GPS enabled?
Total 25 buses are GPS enabled on this route so that anyone can track his bus.
Thanjavur Chennai Bus Services
The city of Thanjavur in South India is known across for its deep-rooted relation with south Indian art, culture, history and religion. From the Great Living Chola Temples to an enormous collection of Tanjore painting, the city flourishes in history and art and literary skills to a great extent. Chennai, the capital of Tamil Nadu, is another culturally prosperous city of the south that has tactfully restored thousand years old Tamil culture and traditional practices. At the same time, Chennai grew up to an industrious city where sectors like finance, media, automobile, software and pharmaceutical have established their bases. Both Thanjavur and Chennai are worthy of visit and appreciation. Those willing to plan a trip in this route, can avail Thanjavur to Chennai buses, which operate day to day at regular intervals.
Some primary bus operators like Rathimeena Travels, SRM Transports and Parveen Travels serve the route. Coaches like A/C Seater, Volvo A/C Semi Sleeper, Non A/C Semi Sleeper, A/C Sleeper and Non A/C Push Back can be availed by passengers. Thanjavur is situated around 342km away from Chennai and is connected via Grand Southern Trunk Rd and NH45. Depending on road conditions, traffic, coach type and time of travel, the total distance can be travelled within a period of 6h 0m to 7h 45m. All details on Thanjavur to Chennai bus fares, timings, terminals and coaches an be availed from Goibibo.com.
Bus service generally begins in afternoon and the first bus departs for Chennai at around 13:00pm. Service continues till night and the estimated departure for the last bus is at 22:30pm. However, before leaving Thanjavur, one should not miss the splendid beauty of UNESCO World Heritage Site of Brihadeeswarar Temple. Other attractions like Gangaikonda Cholesvarar Temple are equally divine. Chennai is known for the unending stretch of Marina beach and other attractions like Pulicat Lake and San Thome Church, amongst others.
Thanjavur to Chennai Bus Offers & Promos
Thanjavur Chennai Bus Schedule & Info
Thanjavur Chennai Popular Bus OperatorsView All Bus Operators
Top Bus routes from Thanjavur
Top Bus routes from Chennai
Top Trains from Thanjavur
Top Trains from Chennai
Hotels in Chennai
Popular attractions in Chennai
- Valluvar Kottam Temple
The Valluvar Kottam is situated on the corner of Kodambakkam High Road and Village Road and is dedicated to Saint Thiruvalluvar. It was built in 1976 by M. Karunanidhi who was the chief minister of Tamil Nadu during 1975-76.
- Marina Beach
Chennai’s Marina Beach happens to be India’s longest and world’s second longest beach. Stretching approximately 12 km, this beach is primarily sandy and is located on the eastern side of Chennai, adjoining the Bay of Bengal. Watching the sunset and sunrise from the beach is an enthralling experience. Though bathing and swimming can be dangerous, as the undercurrent is quite strong. The main attraction is the horseback rides which has become a favourite activity among both adults and kids.
- Sri Parthasarathy Temple
An abode to Lord Venkat Krishna, Sri Parthasarathy Temple was built by the Pallavas in the 8th century. Sri parthasarathy temple is situated at Tiruvallikeni or Triplicane and is the oldest temple in Chennai.
- Vadapalani Murugan Temple
The Vadapalani Murugan Temple is among the most popular temples of the capital city and is located in the region of Vadapalani in Chennai. Built about 125 years ago, this temple is considered as an auspicious place to get married and witnesses approximately 7000 marriages every year.