Hotels Near Bhrigu Rishi Temple Bharuch
Approx 4.21 km from Bhrigu Rishi Temple
Bhrigu Rishi Temple, Bharuch
The temple of Bhrigu has been carved beautifully and is divided into two parts. The first part holds the idols of Rishi Bhrigu, Rishi Jamdagni, Parashurama and Lord Ganesha. The second part is further bifurcated into two parts. One part houses statues of Lord Narayan, Shiv Linga and the other part is home to statues of Lord Jwaleshwar, Lord Hanuman, Rishi Vallbhacharya and Goddess Lakshmi. Blessed with the serenity of divine silence, calm ambience and scenic beauty en-route the temple, the Bhrigu Rishi Temple is an extremely consecrated site among Hindu devotees.
Interesting facts about the temple:
- it was built through the period spanning from 1675A.D to 1686A.D by the Maratha rulers.
- Rishi Bhrigu is credited with writing the first-ever book on Indian Astrology, the Bhrigu Samhita.
- It takes around 10 to 15min to reach the temple from the railway station.
- The Vadodara Airport and Bharuch Railway Station are nearest to the city.
- Winters are preferred for a visit to this lovely place.