Hotels Near Buddisht Gomphas Darjeeling
Buddhist Gomphas, Kurseong
From luxury to budget, resort to lodge Goibibo has 3 properties for booking near Buddisht Gomphas. Out of 3 properties, Buddisht Gomphas has and 3 budget hotels in Darjeeling.
You can choose your stay out of 154 Hotel, 38 Homestay, 26 Resort, 4 Bungalow, 4 Farm Stay, 3 Guest House, 3 Cottage, 1 Villa, 1 Service Apartment, 1 Lodge and 1 BnB near buddisht-gomphas. If you are brand conscious then you can choose from 1 hotel chains near Buddisht Gomphas including 3 Summit Group of Hotels hotels.
Some major attractions near Buddisht Gomphas are Salugara Monastery, Deer Park, Teesta Bazaar, Sumendu Lake and Deosi Dara.
Home to some of the best tea gardens, Kursheong is a hill station par excellence. This tiny settlement with snow-covered views to devour and white orchids to appease your senses is nestled in the lap of the lofty Himalayas. Famous for bearing the costliest tea leaves, the beautiful town is a wonder that amazes every wandering eyes.
The town is studded with museums, religious sites and natural enchantments. A number of temples, churches, monasteries and mosques are dotted around the place to honour the religious sentiments of people. The Buddhist Gomphas at Montevit and Dowhill Road attract Buddhists at large.
Things you should know:
- Kursheong is located on the Siliguri-Darjeeling Highway.
- To witness Buddhist Worship Services, you should visit the monasteries either at dawn or dusk with prior permission.
- A number of accommodation options are present.
- Taxis, rental cars and bicycles are usually preferred for roaming about the town.
- Barring monsoons, when the roads remain blocked, Kursheong can be visited at any time of the year but is usually preferred during the months from September to May.
- Nearest airport- Bagdogra Airport (~60km)