Hotels Near Buddisht Gomphas Darjeeling
Buddhist Gomphas, Kurseong
The town is studded with museums, religious sites and natural enchantments. A number of temples, churches, monasteries and mosques are dotted around the place to honour the religious sentiments of people. The Buddhist Gomphas at Montevit and Dowhill Road attract Buddhists at large.
Things you should know:
- Kursheong is located on the Siliguri-Darjeeling Highway.
- To witness Buddhist Worship Services, you should visit the monasteries either at dawn or dusk with prior permission.
- A number of accommodation options are present.
- Taxis, rental cars and bicycles are usually preferred for roaming about the town.
- Barring monsoons, when the roads remain blocked, Kursheong can be visited at any time of the year but is usually preferred during the months from September to May.
- Nearest airport- Bagdogra Airport (~60km)
- Bus and cab services from Siliguri and Darjeeling can be availed as well.
- It takes around 45min to reach Kursheong from Siliguri via the Pankabari Road.