Hotels Near Bhatner Fort Hanumangarh
Approx 0.39 km from Bhatner Fort
Bhatner Fort, Hanumangarh, Rajasthan
The ancient city of Bhatner has centuries of heroic tales to boast of. With every capture, ransack, construction, battle and recapture, the town has grown inch by inch with marked inheritances of its most prominent pre-dominances. An intriguing past renders Bhatner, now known as Hanumangarh, as historically-significant and widely visited by tourists. It is a proud home to the magnificent Bhatner Fort that has been accredited for its role in protecting the town from the invasion of Central Asian powers.
Located on the banks of the Ghaggar River, is the colossal Bhatner Fort, one of the oldest forts in the country. It is made of bricks and has been constructed in the shape of a parallelogram with towering gates and twelve projected circular bastions on each side. The entire fortress was adorned with minarets which were later replaced during renovation. A total of 52kunds, serving as water-reservoirs, were present inside the establishment to supply water to a huge battalion for a year.
The invincible fort is a site not worth missing and its beauty would double knowing:
- It was built in 295 A.D and is nearly 1700 years old.
- Many temples dedicated to Lord Shiva and Lord Hanuman are present within the fort.
- The tomb of Sher Khan rests here.
- An ancient building, Jain Pasaraalong with three statues with inscriptions can be seen within the fortress.
- It is nearly 5km from Hanumangarh Railway Junction, 419km north-west of Jaipur and 230km north-east of Bikaner.