Recently Reviewed Hotels Near Brahmasar Or Kurukshetra Tank Kurukshetra
Recently Booked Hotels Near Brahmasar Or Kurukshetra Tank Kurukshetra
The historically-enriched city of Kurukshetra boasts of lingering tales of sages, warriors, battles and myths. It has a great historical and spiritual significance to the yearning soul. A trip to the city should take you to the holy tank of Brahmasar which is flooded by human and avian visitors at par. During solar eclipses, the tank is extensively visited by ardent believers who wish to imbibe the wonders of its associated legends.
The tank is located around 1km from the city and is believed to be laden with unearthly powers. During solar eclipses, millions of people come to take a dip in the holy water to be bestowed with the benefits of a thousand Ashwamedha Yagnas as it is believed that waters from all sacred tanks meet in Brahmasar, during eclipse, to reap multitudinous gains. It is engulfed by temples and ghats. Its beauty is augmented by two islands at the centre along with an adornment of Deodar trees.
Interesting facts about the place:
- Kurukshetra was visited by Hiuen Tsang during King Harsha's rule in the 7th century.
- Tourists can plan a trip to this place during the months of October through March.
- The tank was believed to be excavated by king Kuru.
- It is believed that charity done here reaps umpteen benefits.
- Neelkanth Yatri Niwas provides a wonderful accommodation option.
- Wildfowls can be seen in flocks frequenting the tank during winters.
All Hotels Near Brahmasar Or Kurukshetra Tank Kurukshetra
Approx 1.39 km from Brahmasar or Kurukshetra ...
Approx 3.68 km from Brahmasar or Kurukshetra ...
Approx 3.43 km from Brahmasar or Kurukshetra ...