Hotels Near Anamalai Wildlife Sanctuary Pollachi
"please make sure that all in working condition before allocating room like AC, water heater etc. ..."
Approx 1.68 km from Anamalai Wildlife ...
"DO try the Drumbs of Heaven Dish!!"
Approx 0.05 km from Anamalai Wildlife ...
Anamalai Wildlife Sanctuary, Anamalai
A vacation in the lap of hills amidst greenery, wildlife and nature, will bring you to the amazing sanctuary and national park of Anamalai. It vividly encloses both the dry-eastern and wet-western slopes of the Western Ghats and lies in the southern part of the Nilgiris Biosphere Reserve. Famous for teak and rosewoods, the sanctuary houses a rich and varied assortment of numerous plant and floral species.
Studded with several natural enchantments viz Grass Hills, Karianshola, Anaikunthi Shola, waterfalls, reservoirs and dams, the Anamalai Wildlife Sanctuary is a paradise for tourists, nature-lovers and animal-lovers with the Top Slip as its main tourist attraction. Spanning over an area of 958 square km, it serves as a natural habitat for panthers, elephant, gaur, sloth bear, tiger, deer, wild boar along with a host of animal, bird and crocodile species.
Located at a height of 1,400m above sea-level, the Anamalai Wildlife Sanctuary is an amazing natural preserve. Before venturing into the wild, few reminders for your convenience are listed below:
- The best time to visit the sanctuary is definitely from May to June and October to February.
- Traveller's kit should invariably include the following:- easy-to-wear, dull-coloured clothes, cotton socks, insect repellents, torch, a pair of sneakers, sunscreen lotion, leech lotion and headgear.
- Ambuli Ilam is one of the most preferred guest houses in Topslip.
- Tourists can take an elephant-ride or van-tour around the place.
- From Pollachi, bus and cab services to the sanctuary is available.