Hotels Near Anamalai Wildlife Sanctuary Pollachi
Approx 1.68 km from Anamalai Wildlife ...
Anamalai Wildlife Sanctuary, Anamalai
A vacation in the lap of hills amidst greenery, wildlife and nature, will bring you to the amazing sanctuary and national park of Anamalai. It vividly encloses both the dry-eastern and wet-western slopes of the Western Ghats and lies in the southern part of the Nilgiris Biosphere Reserve. Famous for teak and rosewoods, the sanctuary houses a rich and varied assortment of numerous plant and floral species.
Studded with several natural enchantments viz Grass Hills, Karianshola, Anaikunthi Shola, waterfalls, reservoirs and dams, the Anamalai Wildlife Sanctuary is a paradise for tourists, nature-lovers and animal-lovers with the Top Slip as its main tourist attraction. Spanning over an area of 958 square km, it serves as a natural habitat for panthers, elephant, gaur, sloth bear, tiger, deer, wild boar along with a host of animal, bird and crocodile species.
Located at a height of 1,400m above sea-level, the Anamalai Wildlife Sanctuary is an amazing natural preserve. Before venturing into the wild, few reminders for your convenience are listed below:
- The best time to visit the sanctuary is definitely from May to June and October to February.
- Traveller's kit should invariably include the following:- easy-to-wear, dull-coloured clothes, cotton socks, insect repellents, torch, a pair of sneakers, sunscreen lotion, leech lotion and headgear.
- Ambuli Ilam is one of the most preferred guest houses in Topslip.
- Tourists can take an elephant-ride or van-tour around the place.
- From Pollachi, bus and cab services to the sanctuary is available.