Hotels Near Anamalai Wildlife Sanctuary Pollachi
Approx 0.05 km from Anamalai Wildlife ...
Approx 1.68 km from Anamalai Wildlife ...
Anamalai Wildlife Sanctuary, Anamalai
Studded with several natural enchantments viz Grass Hills, Karianshola, Anaikunthi Shola, waterfalls, reservoirs and dams, the Anamalai Wildlife Sanctuary is a paradise for tourists, nature-lovers and animal-lovers with the Top Slip as its main tourist attraction. Spanning over an area of 958 square km, it serves as a natural habitat for panthers, elephant, gaur, sloth bear, tiger, deer, wild boar along with a host of animal, bird and crocodile species.
Located at a height of 1,400m above sea-level, the Anamalai Wildlife Sanctuary is an amazing natural preserve. Before venturing into the wild, few reminders for your convenience are listed below:
- The best time to visit the sanctuary is definitely from May to June and October to February.
- Traveller's kit should invariably include the following:- easy-to-wear, dull-coloured clothes, cotton socks, insect repellents, torch, a pair of sneakers, sunscreen lotion, leech lotion and headgear.
- Ambuli Ilam is one of the most preferred guest houses in Topslip.
- Tourists can take an elephant-ride or van-tour around the place.
- From Pollachi, bus and cab services to the sanctuary is available.