The capital city of Chhattisgarh, Raipur is the largest market of steel in India
. It serves as a regional hub for trade and commerce for a variety of local forest and agricultural products. Apart from being an important business destination, Raipur is also gaining popularity as a tourist place all thanks to its many attractions. Some of the notable personalities associated with Raipur include Swami Vivekananda, Osho, Lucky Ali and Anurag Basu. There are various hotels in Raipur
that caters to the needs of both business and leisure travellers.
Luxury seekers can enjoy a memorable stay in the following accommodations:
- A 5 star property, Hotel VW Canyon boasts of stylish rooms, impeccable services, high-end amenities and multi-cuisine restaurant.
- Hotel Babylon Inn and Queens Club of India are the two popular 4 star accommodations in Raipur.Both these hotels are located close to airport/railway station and are therefore much in demand among corporate travellers.
Among mid-range 3 star properties, many options are available such as Hotel Simran
, Hotel Raipur Inn and Hotel Grand International
. Visitors who are searching for pocket-friendly budget Raipur hotels
, can choose to stay in any one of the following:
- Hotel Shamrock International: It has close proximity to corporate areas, tourist attractions and shopping complexes which makes it a favourite option among both holidaymakers and business travellers.
- Hotel Grand Arjun: Located in the centre of the city, it provides well-maintained rooms equipped with all basic amenities.
- Hotel City Palace: Situated at Banjari Road, it offers an easy access to attractions like Balaji Temple and Mahant Ghasi Das Memorial Museum.
Raipur has many places of interests like Balaji Temple, Hajra Water Fall
, Dudhadari Temple
, Vivekananda Sarovar and Mahant Ghasidas Memorial Museum
which must not be missed out. Winter season which falls between the months of October to March is the best time to visit the amazing city of Raipur.