Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is a credit shell ?
A credit shell is a credit note that can be used for a future booking, for the same passenger(s). If you are facing booking issues with your credit shell, please write to us using this form.
2. Can the passenger name or number of passengers change ?
Booking using a credit shell is allowed only if the number of passengers and the name is the same as in the original booking.
3. What are the inclusions not covered in a credit shell ?
The credit shell does not cover meals, baggage, insurance, cab bookings, seats, and charity.
4. Can I claim a refund against the credit shell amount issued to me ?
Claiming a refund against your credit shell amount is not possible, You may use it to book your future travel.
5. How can I use my credit shell on Goibibo ?
Option to use the credit shell is available on the review page, inside the ‘Traveller Details’ section. You are required to enter the details of the same passenger(s) in the fields given, with the PNR against which you have been issued the credit shell. Here below are the steps you must follow:
- Step 1: Go to https://www.goibibo.com/ and login to your account. (Please note that this option is currently available on Goibibo desktop page only)
- Step 2: Select your one way flight (the same carrier as your previous/cancelled PNR). If you want to book a round trip, book onward and return flights separately.
- Step 3: Provide the same passenger name and contact details of the old PNR.
- Step 4: Provide the old PNR in the ‘Use Credit Shell’ box and click on the ‘Apply’ box. If you have a valid credit shell, the amount will be adjusted with the new booking amount.
- Step 5: Pay the balance amount on the payment page. Re. 1 will be charged in case the credit shell amount is more than or equal to the new booking amount.
Terms and conditions of a credit shell: