Dhaka is the bustling capital city of Bangladesh, famous for its historical monuments and sites of religious importance. The fascinating handicrafts and delectable Bangladeshi cuisine are the major highlights of visiting Dhaka.
Places to visit and things to do
- Gulshan, the diplomatic zone of Dhaka is an upscale locality with a variety of elite hotels, restaurants and shopping malls. Some of the best 5-star hotels and resorts in Dhaka are situated in this affluent part of the city.
- The budget hotels in Dhaka are also well-equipped with modern facilities and provide personalized services for travellers. You can spot popular budget hotels near Gulshan and Banani.
- The posh localities of Banani and Gulshan have some renowned 3 and 4-star hotels of Dhaka, with spectacular lakeside views. While staying at one of the hotels in Dhaka in Motijheel, the prime commercial area of Dhaka, you can stay close to the heart of the city laden with a blend of Mughal and modern architecture.
- Mirpur is another prominent area in Dhaka that includes attractions like the Dhaka Zoo, The National Botanical Garden and the Sher-e-Bangla Cricket Stadium. The area also houses some of the best budget hotels in Dhaka.
- The hotels near Dhaka airport have noteworthy 5-star hotels with facilities like outdoor pools, sauna and steam rooms and free Wi-Fi. The budget hotels near Dhaka airport area are comfortable and pocket-friendly at the same time.
- Affordable dine-outs in Dhaka such as Haji Biriyani and Nirobi Hotel serve some of the most popular foods in Dhaka like Kachchi Biryani, Morog Polao and Haleem. Also, you can relish some delectable Indian dishes at cheap Indian/Veg. friendly restaurants in Dhaka like Tarka which serves delicacies such as Paneer Pasanda, Dal Makhni and Vegetable Dopiaza among others.