* Ethiopian airlines is the national flag carrier of Ethiopia and is one of the leading airlines in the civil aviation industry. It has been in aviation industry for more than 65 years and is known as one of the top-ranked airlines in the country.
* It operates flights over 73 destinations in regions like Africa, Middle-East, Asia, Europe and America. Addis Ababa Bole International Airport is the main hub of the airline from where it serves 82 international and 17 domestic destinations. .
* Ethiopian airlines have won prominent awards like African Airline of the Year in 2011-2012 and International Diamond Prize for Excellence in Quality in the year 2012.
Ethiopian Airlines Operation
* You can easily book Ethiopian Airlines flight tickets online on Goibibo.com’s website. In order to have access to your booking history, you just have to provide PNR number or booking reference code with your last name. Once you enter all the required information, the booking status will be displayed on screen. .
* For flight status you can either log in to Goibibo with your account or refer to the official website of the airline. .
To check Ethiopian Airlines flight status online click here
Ethiopian Airlines Baggage Information
* Checked Baggage: The standard weight and size of the checked baggage is not same for every destination, therefore one should check with the official website about the baggage allowance for his/her destination. .
* Hand Baggage: Business class passengers can carry two pieces of hand baggage each weighing 8 kg (free of cost) and economy class passengers can carry one piece which shouldn’t weigh more than 7 kg (free of cost). The size of the luggage should not exceed 115 cm and this should be followed by both business as well as economy class passengers.
Ethiopian Airlines Inflight Services
Ethiopian Airlines has one of the most extensive fleet among pan-Asian carriers, comprising 54 next generation aircrafts as of today. The current fleet of the airlines majorly comprises five Boeing 777-200LRs, four Boeing 787-Dreamliners, 13 Boeing 767-300s, four Boeing 757-200s, two Boeing 777-200Fs, eight Boeing 737-700s and eight Boeing 737-800s. In addition to the Boeing family, nine Bombardier Dash 8 Q400 aircraft are also a part of the airline’s fleet. In order to expand its routes, the airline has placed an order of 41 new aircrafts comprising Airbus A350-900s, Boeing 787-Dreamliners, Boeing 737-800s, Freighter 777-200Fs, Boeing 777-300ERs, Freighter 777-200Fs and Bombardier Q400s.Check Out Ethiopian Airlines Flight status , Ethiopian Airlines Web Check in process and Baggage Allowance details.
Ethiopian Airlines History
Incorporated in December 1945, Ethiopian Airlines was originally owned by the government of Ethiopia but managed by America-based Trans World Airlines (TWA). The then Ethiopian Air Lines commenced its operations in April 1946 with a flight from Addis Ababa to Cairo via Asmara. Soon, the airlines had extended its services to several domestic and international destinations; however, the flights started plying on long-haul routes in the early 1950s. With the onset of 1960s, Ethiopian Airlines set up its headquarters at Bole International Airport in Addis Ababa. In 1963, the carrier inaugurated its first jet services operating the Addis Ababa–Nairobi route. The carrier changed its name to Ethiopian Airlines in 1965 and after the completion of its 25 years, in 1971, revised its management responsibilities. Over next three decades, Ethiopian focused on acquiring next generation aircrafts for its fleet. In December 2011, Ethiopian Airlines became the 28th member airline of the Star Alliance.