Colombo, the Sri Lankan capital known for its rich cultural aesthetics is evident in the splendid temples and palaces, colonial era buildings accompanied by colourful streets and gorgeous beaches.
Places to visit and things to do
- Kollupitiya is an entertainment hub in Colombo famous for its nightlife with numerous pubs, restaurants, bars and also houses cheap Indian restaurants like Amaravathi and Nawayuga. Kollupitya has some plush 5 star hotels in Colombo along with 4 and 3 star hotelsknown for their excellent services.
- Pettah with its open-air bazaar and scope of bargain shopping makes it a popular tourist spot with places like the Pettah Fort, Pettah Market and World Trade Centre. A diverse range of accommodation is available from 5 star hotels to budget hotels in Colombo with commendable Sri Lankan hospitality.
- Hotels near Kollupitiya and Pettah are fine choices for high- end as well as budget stays for visitors who want to stay close to an action filled island.
- The best Colombo resorts have chic interiors, high-end luxuries like spa, ayurvedic massages, pool, and scenic views. Some of the best Colombo resorts are Cinnamon Grand, Taj Samudra, La Villa Sanctuary etc.
- Hotels near Colombo airport have both luxurious and affordable facilities in budget for their guests. They have free shuttle services, multi- cuisine restaurants and free Wi-Fi facilities for visitors who wish to stay near the airport.
Kottu roti, Lamprais, Dhal curry and Sour fish curry are some of the most popular food in Colombo. To relish the scrumptious Sri Lankan cuisine, one can opt for affordable dine outs in Colombo
like Yarl Hotel, Nana’s and Claypot O Curry that have various Sri Lankan dishes.