Langkawi is an archipelago of 99 islands situated in the Andaman Sea and is a famous tourist destination known for its green paddy fields contrasted beautifully by pristine white sand beaches. Langkawi is also a duty free destination, therefore a paradise for shoppers.
Places to visit and things to do
- The white sandy beaches of Pantai Cenang are filled with family-friendly attractions like the Underwater World Langkawi, Rice Garden Museum, Kiki Club and Thursday Temoyong Night Market. The Temoyong Night Market is the busiest part of Langkawi and is a bit hit among tourists. Hotels near Pantai Cenang range from 5-star to budget hotels in Langkawi, and are surrounded by an eclectic mix of cafes, bars, restaurants and duty free outlets.
- Pantai Tengah is a continuation of the Pantai Cenang beach area in Langkawi which is popular for water sports activities like jet skiing and parasailing. The romantic and serene beach has an array of luxurious spas and fine gastronomical options. The 4 and 3-star hotels in Pantai Tengah offer a gorgeous view of the emerald waters and towering coconut trees.
- Some hotels near Pantai Cenang and Pantai Tengahprovide budget accommodation as well, which is a convenience for budget travellers visiting the area.
- Kuah is the bustling main town of Langkawi, home to iconic landmarks like the Eagle Square, Taman Lagenda Langkawi and Gunung Raya among others. The area is a hub for some of the best 5-star hotels in Langkawi,which are in close vicinity to attractions like the Al- Hana Mosque and Langkawi Crystal. The various duty free shopping complexes are an ideal stop for shopaholics.
- The tourist friendly areas of Pantai Cenang, Pantai Tengah and Kuah have some of the most affordable dine-outs in Langkawi, which serve the most popular foods in Langkawi like Nasi Dagang and Nasi Lemak.
- Hotel Malaysia Restaurant and Rajan Indian Restaurant are among the cheap Indian/veg-friendly restaurants inLangkawi that serve Indian delicacies.
- Pantai Kok is a renowned locality with some of the best Langkawi resorts surrounded by private beaches and high-end luxury accommodations. The Telaga Tujuh Waterfalls, Telaga Harbour Park, Langkawi Sky Bridge, Langkawi Bird Paradise and Langkawi Cable Car are among the popular attractions near Pantai Kok.
- The hotels near Langkawi airport consist of some of the plushest 5-star hotels in Langkawi as well as budget hotels in Langkawiwhich provide a comfortable stay.