Phuket is a beautiful island city of Thailand situated in the Andaman Sea, known for its white sand beaches, turquoise waters, fine dining and a host of entertainment options. The island is one of the best beach destinations of Thailand, with an air of laid-back relaxation. Places to visit and things to do
- The Bang Tao beach is a secluded yet family-friendly area, lined with luxury accommodations consisting of 5-star hotels in Phuket and best Phuket resortsalong the four-mile stretch. The popular Laguna complex is located on the beach and provides ample avenues for tourists to explore the fancy restaurants and boutiques within the complex.
- Patong is a beach resort town in Phuket that happens to be another major tourist hub. The Patong beach is a bustling area, which is an ideal spot for jet skiing and other water sports, along with the best beach clubs for an exhilarating night of drinking and dining. Patong is also a shopaholic’s paradise with malls like Jungceylon and Malin Plaza among others. Patong is also very popular for its exuberant nightlife around the Soi Bangla Street that remains buzzing till wee hours. The destination has several budget hotels in Phuket with reasonable rates and great facilities.
- Kata and Karon are other popular beach towns known for their calm vibe and picturesque attractions like the Karon Viewpoint, Dino Park Mini Golf and Surf House. South Kata has some of the best resorts in Phuketwith wellness facilities like rejuvenating massages and spa treatments. Most of these resorts have well-stocked rooftop bars and modern gyms among other features. The hotels near Kata and Karon mostly fall under the affordable range. The areas also comprise of some of the best and well-designed 3-star hotels in Phuket.
- The Mai Khao Beach, a part of the Sirinat National Park is the longest beach in Phuket. It is a serene beach and is ideal for relaxation, as it is away from the bustle of the town. The beach has both 5 and 4-star hotels near Phuket airport with magnificent sunsets and soothing ambience, thus promising a great stay.
- Tom Yum Goong, Pad Thai and Khao Pad Kai are the most popular food inPhuket which are served at affordable dine-outs inPhuket like the Blue Horizon and Break Point Hotel.
- Badsha Indian food, Madras café and Tantra Patong Indian restaurant are cheap Indian/veg-friendly restaurants inPhuket serving appetizing Indian delicacies.