SAFETY AND HYGIENE STANDARDS
Hotels which confirm adherence with the below mentioned “Safety and Hygiene Standards” (the “Standards”) are displayed as “goSafe Hotels” by ibibo ("Goibibo").
- All washrooms of the Hotel to be equipped with liquid soap dispenser(s) or packed soap bars.
- Room linen to be changed once in two days or on request.
- Freshly prepared bleach solution or phenolic disinfectants should be used to disinfect room furniture, light switches and touchpoints in toilets.
- 1Face masks and gloves to be available on request for the guests.
- Temperature check of all guests at the entry point. Any guest with high temperature shall be refused admission and will be advised to report to the closest medical facility.
- Regular sanitization of common areas (reception, elevator, lounge) with phenolic disinfectant.
- Record keeping of check-in history of guests as per Government guidelines..
- Common places like swimming pool & gym to be accessible only if permitted by the Government and as per Government guidelines.
- Where the use of bleach is not suitable (metallic surfaces like door handles, security locks, keys, etc.), solutions with alcohol should be used to wipe down such surfaces.
Staff Training & Preparedness
- Social distancing to be observed at all times at: Entrance, Reception area, Lobby, Elevators, and all other lobby areas.
- House-keeping & service staff to wear masks and gloves at all times.
- Temperature check once a day for all employees and mandatory leave for any employee running high temperature
- Availability of doctor. (Mandatory only for Hotels located outside India)
- Staff training on hand hygiene and respiratory etiquette.
- Social Distancing: Maintaining physical distance of at least 2 m (6 ft).
- Avoiding interaction with any person who is coughing or sneezing and reporting such person to Hotel management for proper checkup.
- Regularly and thoroughly cleaning hands with an alcohol-based hand rub or washing them with soap and water.
- Refraining from touching eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Covering mouth and nose with bent elbow or tissue when coughing or sneezing.
- Kitchen staff to wear a mask and head covers at all times.
- Table and seating arrangement to follow Social Distancing norms.
- Government approved disinfecting agents used to disinfect and clean vegetables, meat and all other material.
- All kitchen supplies to be fully sanitized before entering the stores and refrigerators.
Terms & Conditions
- “Safety and Hygiene Standards” is a self-certification done by the Hotel for the safety and hygiene standards it follows. The display of a Hotel as “goSafe Hotel” is done by GI at the request of the Hotel and upon its confirmation of adherence of the Standards. Such Hotels have voluntarily approached GI for displaying their compliance with the Standards on GI platform along with the goSafe Hotel classification.
- The responsibility of complying with the Standards will remain solely with the Hotel. GI doesn’t assume any responsibility or liability to ensure that the Hotel is adhering with the Standards.
- If the customer is not satisfied with the Safety and Hygiene Standards maintained by the Hotel and if he believes that the Hotel isn’t complying with the Standards, then the customer should raise a complaint directly with the Hotel and seek redressal from the Hotel only. GI will not be liable to compensate the customer in any of the situations as mentioned above.
- GI has the right to, without any obligation of issuing prior notice to the Hotel or to the customer:
- Remove the goSafe Hotels classification for a Hotel if GI has reasons to believe that the Hotel doesn’t meet the Standards in letter and spirit, or at the request of Hotel, or at the discretion of GI without assigning any reasons therefor;
- Change the terms of the Standards to make them best suitable and relevant for the needs of the customers, or to meet any legal requirements;
- Suspend or cease any such classification of Hotels on the basis of the Standards.
- GI shall not be liable for any indirect, consequential or incidental losses incurred by the customer who have made a booking placing reliance on the classification of “goSafe Hotels”. As explained above, the recourse of the customer will lie only with the Hotel.
- GI shall not be liable for any loss or damage due to any force majeure events or reasons beyond the reasonable control of GI.
- The maximum liability of GI in any situation whatsoever will be limited to refunding the booking amount as paid by the customer
- Any disputes on these terms shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in New Delhi.